Shorty Jacket Grey
from Mountain Research
Mountain Research are renowned for their complex brand mythologies, and this season is no exception. The Mountain Research Shorty Jacket in Grey is a selection from the brand's FW'19 KANADA sub-collection, which envisions a utopian anarchist territory called 'Kanada'--yes, you read that right--in which a peaceful people known simply as the "Horn Collectors" live in harmony with a large population of wild deer. They do not hunt them, only collecting their antlers after the animals shed them.
The Shorty Jacket is the Horn Collectors fleece garment of choice. It is constructed from a super soft and cozy high-pile Japanese fleece, and features a unique pattern with a cropped front, dropped tail, and full hood. A two-way main zipper with logo pull allows easy entry and exit, while two zippered side pockets offer storage or hand warming as desired. Another zippered chest pocket with protective trim keeps valuables or deer food close by.
The rear of the Shorty features a special pocket that covers the entire back of the jacket and is designed to neatly fit a pair of scavenged antlers, gloves, hats, scarves, or your favorite book. A D-ring at the top allows the wearer to attach cords for securing more antlers or other decorative embellishments. A nylon taffeta lining ensures that the jacket slides smoothly over base layers, while the hem, cuffs, and hood are bound for a clean finish. The Mountain Research Shorty Jacket is Truly a one-of-a-kind piece.
- Japanese high-pile fleece construction
- Asymmetrical cropped cut with dropped tail
- 2-way front zipper with branded logo pull
- Two zippered side pockets
- Single zippered chest pocket with protective trim
- Full rear 'Horn Collector' pocket designed to fit a pair of antlers
- D-ring with logo tab at rear neck
- Smooth nylon taffeta lining for easy snag-free layering
- Bound hem, cuffs, and hood
- Made in Japan
- Exterior: 100% Polyester; Lining: 100% Nylon