Canoe JKT Sax Blue
from Mountain Research
Mountain Research are well known for their complex and varied brand mythologies, and their '2020 Condition Warm' season is no exception to this rule. The SS20 sub-collection 'Mountain Man(s)' imagines a summer trip in which revolutionary thinkers and political leaders Karl Marx, Mao Zedong, Vladimir Lenin, and Henry David Thoreau embark on an extended camping and canoe expedition together. This strange conceptual anchor becomes a point of departure that allows for a mix of the useful, functional garments and playful graphic elements that have become the brand's hallmark.
The Mountain Research Canoe JKT in Sax Blue is a short, anorak-style pullover jacket constructed of a water-resistant Japanese nylon fabric with a comfortable mesh lining. Based on the silhouettes and feature sets of kayaking and canoe outerwear, the jacket features a half-zip front placket with velcro double storm flap, an adjustable full-coverage hood, and an adjustable drop hem gasket and cuff gaskets to keep the weather out as-needed.
Like many of Mountain Research's offerings, the Canoe JKT sports a unique pocket arrangement that pairs a small and large front pocket below the front placket to keep essentials close at hand. The larger velcro flap pocket features a secured interior compartment, and an outer mesh section to store wet items, while the smaller flap pocket features a second interior stash pocket within. Both pockets feature sewn eyelets for easy drainage. The Jacket is finished with Mountain Research branding on the interior storm flap and the seasonal product label on the inside collar.
- Japanese water-resistant Nylon shell construction
- Mesh lining for ventilation and comfort
- Anorak-style short cut with drop tail hem
- Half-zip front placket with velcro double storm flap
- Adjustable gasket hem and cuffs
- Large two-layer front pocket with mesh outer compartment
- Small front flap pocket with interior stash compartment
- Pockets feature sewn eyelets for easy drainage
- Mountain Research branding on interior storm flap
- Product label at interior collar
- Made in Japan
- Shell: 100% Nylon, Lining: 100% Polyester